Rational Publishing Engine 2.1 Released!
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) 2.1 is now available. Per RPEActual:
I’m happy to announce RPE 2.1, codename Multumesc, has been made generally available today. With this release we continued on the path we started in RPE 2.0 around simplifying the user experience with RPE. While with 2.0 and 2.0.1 we focused on administrators and end users with 2.1 our focus are template designers:
* Interactive Guides – new designers will be walked through the design process
* Drag&Drop for quick template design– drop your resource URL from the Browser in document studio and RPE will create a starting template for you
* Simplified CLM tracebality – with the POX profile you no longer need to manipulate URLs to transform between OSLC and REST API.
* Word Import – use Word documents as the starting point of your template. RPE will convert the structure and a subset of the formatting into an RPE template
* Java Script Reuse – you can now define code modules inside a template and reuse the functions defined there everywhere else in the template.
That all sounds AWESOME to me! Looking forward to trying this all out as soon as I can.
The RPE team also posted Youtube videos.